This cheese dip recipe is seriously our number one recipe. We make it at least once a week, and especially when we have company. Because it’s THAT GOOD!
Most people who aren’t plant-based can’t tell it doesn’t actually have cheese in it. Instead, its flavor comes from the combination of raw cashews and nutritional yeast. It’s rich, creamy, slightly spicy, and oh-so-good with chips or veggies, on tacos, or with beans and rice.
I’ve tried to create my own recipe for queso dip, and I’ve tried a million different recipes. But this recipe from Detoxinista, can’t be beat. I can’t add or adjust anything to make it better. Props to Megan for creating one of my favorite vegan recipes of all time.
I know I’m building it up, so go see for yourself! This will be perfect for game day, an appetizer, or as a topping with tacos!
- 1 cup raw cashews , soaked for up to 4 hours and drained
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- juice of half a lemon (about 1½ tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric
- 14 oz . can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- In a high-speed blender, or food processor, combine the first six ingredients, plus the liquid from the can of diced tomatoes and green chiles. (I was able to get about ¼ cup of liquid from the can.)
- Blend until a smooth and creamy "cheese" sauce is created.
- Transfer the cheese mixture to a large bowl, then add in the can of diced tomatoes and green chiles. Stir well to combine.
- At this point, be sure to adjust any flavors to your taste, then warm the dip using a small crock pot, or by heating it gently over a stove top. As the dip is warmed, it becomes even more authentic!
- Serve with baked tortilla chips and fresh sliced veggies, for a nutrient-rich party snack!