Allergen Information: Contains tree nuts. (substitution listed)
I know the whole “green” thing grosses some people out, especially those at the beginning of their food journey. But just take a second and look at that picture. Isn’t it pretty? Like a pretty color of green?
Yes, it’s green because there is spinach in it. And yes, it would be a pretty yellow-creamy color without the spinach. But what if I told you that you can’t taste the spinach in this smoothie? Try it and see! This is why I love this recipe–people who may not ordinarily like spinach (mother? *cough *cough) might just like this smoothie!
If you like spinach, ignore everything I said and just enjoy 🙂
This smoothie makes two servings. When smoothies make this much, you have several options:
- Drink half of it in the morning on the way to work or as you are around the house & drink the other half throughout the morning
- Drink half of it & save the other half in an airtight container (like a mason jar) & drink it in the afternoon when you feel the slump coming on!
- Drink it all in one sitting because you’re either really hungry or just plain awesome
- Share with someone special 🙂
If you are looking for a nut-free option, simply substitute your favorite nut-free milk like rice or hemp milk.
- 2 T hemp seeds
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup of frozen spinach or fresh spinach
- 1¾ cup almond milk (see notes)
- ¼ t gluten-free vanilla
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients except the ice in a high speed blender in the order shown. Blend on high until smooth. Add ice and blend again until smooth. Enjoy!
*Please use organic ingredients when possible