This used to be one of my favorite recipes back in the day, and recreating it vegan style was simple as pie, mainly because Fieldroast has the most amazing vegan alternative-meat products.
If you haven’t tried these products yet, you should! I use their roast for holidays, the frankfurters for cookouts, and their breakfast sausages for pigs in a blanket or recipes like this one.
Many of these products are available in the organic section at Kroger–or at health food stores.
It’s simple to make these on the stovetop, but I’m sure the crockpot would be easy too! I was just too excited to try these during the football game to wait on the crockpot!
For a larger crowd, simply double or triple the recipe.
- 2 9oz packages of Fieldroast breakfast sausages
- ½ cup organic grape jelly
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- In a large pot, heat the sausages over medium high heat.
- Turn them so that they char on all sides to get crispy.
- Once the sausages are crispy, add the jelly and mustard to the pan.
- Gently stir.
- When the mixture comes to a boil. lower the heat and cook for about 5-10 minutes!
- Serve warm.