Allergen Information: Contains nuts (cashews).
Special equipment: High powered blender & Food processor
These sweet little tarts are the perfect size to satisfy that quick need for a treat, AND they are guilt free. They get their substance from the cashews, the sweetness from the strawberries and maple syrup, and the incredible flavor from it all.
I can picture these at a baby shower, on Valentine’s Day, or in the dog days of summer.
I like to make batches of desserts like this and store them in the freezer so I can have a bite-size treat anytime I need!
*Note: You can buy raw cashews in the bulk bin at Earthfare/Wholefoods. They are NOT the same as roasted and/or salted cashews. If you do NOT have a high powered blender, I don’t know how the cashews will break down. They might be a little gritty or chunky, but still worth a try.
Before you make these tarts, be sure to make one batch of our Coconut Whipped Cream (which takes 24 hours to harden in the fridge–so plan ahead). You can always leave this part out, but this chocolate cream addition just sets these tarts off!
To make the Chocolate Chip Whipped Cream:
~Make one batch of Coconut Whipped Cream
~Put 1/4 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips in a small food processor and blend until desired consistency
~Add to whipped cream and stir until well combined
~Store in fridge and top tarts with desired amount when serving
- 1 10 ounce bag frozen strawberries, thawed (see note)
- 3 T vanilla almond milk (see notes)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 4 T coconut oil, melted
- 4 T maple syrup
- ½ t vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- Put thawed strawberries and almond milk in the high speed blender and blend until a puree forms.
- Add in remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter in small baking cups (about 20-24).
- Place on cookie sheet or muffin tin and place in freezer.
- Allow to freeze for 2 hours.
- Serve with Chocolate Chip Whipped Cream & enjoy!
- (Store leftover tarts in the freezer & cream in the fridge)
2. If using regular almond milk, just adjust the vanilla extract to 1 teaspoon.