I know Brussels sprouts get a bad rap. They’re kind of like spinach. People just think “yuck” when they hear the words without giving them much chance. But I’m here to set them free.
Surprisingly, I never tasted them until a few months ago (I’ve told y’all my journey has been SLOW!) when my awesome husband made me some roasted Brussels sprouts with a Honey-Sriracha sauce. Totally blog worthy. And it’s coming.
But until then, you can enjoy this beautiful fall-tasting salad and all its glory. I hope it changes your mind on this little boogers, because they really are incredible!
This salad will keep well in the refrigerator well without getting soggy, although mine never lasted that long 🙂
I served this salad for dinner one night as a part of a “cold salad plate” with raw fruits & veggies. On the plate were two of my all-time favorite salads, Vegan Tuna Salad & Cranberry-Quinoa Salad! You’ll also see this Buffalo Hummus on the plate too!
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed & cut in half
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 6 T olive or grape seed oil
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 T maple syrup
- 1 t coarse ground mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a food processor, shred the carrot and Brussels sprouts.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add all other salad ingredients and stir.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour over salad and stir.
- Chill for best results.