**For new readers who don’t know, Sawyer is my 5 year old son who was diagnosed with Eosinophilic Esophagitis at 15 months old. He has had EGD (scopes) every 8-12 weeks for almost 4 years, and has 6 safe foods (ingredients) he can eat.**
I developed this recipe over the years as something fun for Sawyer to eat, but we quickly learned that it was a favorite for many people!
Once, at a family gathering, I made a large dish of this and put it on the potluck line. To our surprise, there were no leftovers. Who would have thought a dish with so few ingredients would be a hit?!
I use ingredients Sawyer can eat, but feel free to change them up. His taste buds are different than a lot of people so you may need to adjust ingredients based on your own preference or how “soupy” you want the creamed corn to be! We use avocado oil in this recipe because avocado is one of the foods Sawyer can eat, but I also love using it because it has a buttery flavor! It’s also VERY good massaged into kale when you make a kale salad. I get a large bottle of it at Costco for a great price.
This would definitely be a great side dish for Thanksgiving or for any other gatherings where you need to take some comfort food.
- 2 10 oz bags of frozen organic corn
- 2 T avocado oil (or sub other oil or butter)
- ½ cup plus 2 T unsweetened almond milk (or sub other milk)
- 1 T raw honey
- 1 t sea salt
- dash of pepper
- In a pot, heat avocado oil.
- Add frozen corn and stir until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Put half or a little more than half of the corn in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add the pureed corn back to the pot with the other corn.
- Add the almond milk, honey, and salt & pepper. Stir until combined.
- Taste and adjust ingredients if necessary.