Allergen Information: Free of the top 8 allergens
Move over croutons. Move over Lay’s Potato Chips. Enter on the scene: Chickpeas.
Yummy, crunchy goodness that’s versatile enough to fit your culinary needs.
Feelin’ snacky? Oh yeah.
Needin’ sweet AND salty? Yes m’am.
Trying to eat less bread or gluten free? Uh huh.
Here’s the thing about this recipe. It’s basic. Feel free to leave out the mustard, and top with your seasoning of choice: chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, parsley, creole. Go for it!
You can get organic canned chickpeas at Kroger for $1 a can. Who says eating clean is SUPER expensive? I’ll admit some foods are–but not these.
While you’re there, grab another can and some garlic and make some hummus, too.
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed, & dried (see note)
- 1½ T olive oil
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- ½ T Dijon mustard
- ½ T coarse ground mustard
- a drizzle of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the chickpeas on a baking sheet and top with 1½ Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Take out of oven and top with a generous drizzle of olive oil and the mustards.
- Stir until combined well.