Allergen Information: Free of the top 8 allergens
A good pot of chili is pretty much the ultimate. But if you’re using prepackaged chili seasoning packets, you are filling up on some MSG, GMO’s, and preservatives. Why do that when you can use REAL food? Instead of buying the packets, you just need a few staple pantry items.
What I love about this chili is that it’s packed full of flavor, and it uses lots of real spices to make that happen. No partially hydrogenated oil or other bad things. Just real food.
I made this pot while we were waiting for our power to go out during winter storm Pax….I had to use what I had around the house, and I’m so thankful I did this. I’ve had numerous chili recipes throughout the years, but this one is by far my favorite.
It’s traditional, but has a kick. It’s meatless–in case you are a vegetarian or just looking for more meatless options.
You probably won’t miss the meat, but if you do, feel free to brown some grass-fed (local if you can) ground beef (or meat of choice) and add it in the chili!
I like to serve these with our Honey Jalapeno Corn Muffins for a complete meal.
This pot serves about 3-4 people, so if you’re looking for that big ole pot of chili, I would definitely double this recipe. Next time I will 😉
- 1-2 T olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, de-seeded and chopped
- 1.5 T chili powder
- 1.5 t cumin
- 1 t smoked paprika
- ¾ t sea salt
- ⅛ t cayenne pepper
- 1 15 oz can tomatoes, undrained (organic best!)
- 1 15 oz can dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1¼ cup vegetable broth
- 2 T tomato paste
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno and saute for 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Add garlic and saute for one minute more.
- Add all spices and stir for 1-2 minutes until well combined.
- Add tomatoes, beans, vegetable broth, and tomato paste and stir.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Turn heat to low/medium and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top with some organic sour cream & chives & enjoy!