Allergen Information: Free of the top 8 allergens
There’s just something about that sweet and savory combination that satisfies our taste buds. It’s probably why I used to follow my Wendy’s Fry with a Frosty. (Ok, ok, stop drooling. If you need a Frosty fix, try something like our Chocolate Milkshake).
This Mango & Black Bean Salsa is light & fresh and can be served as a topping for burritos, tacos, or salads OR would make a fabulous dip on its own as an appetizer.
You’ll love it because it uses simple, inexpensive ingredients, and doesn’t have to be cooked 🙂
I can picture this beautifully at a summer picnic or potluck!
A note about cilantro: I really don’t like a ton of cilantro on anything. I don’t LOVE the taste, but I like it. So in my recipes, I tend to do just a little sprinkle. BUT if you love the taste, you can always up it. For this recipe, I only used 1 Tablespoon chopped, but feel free to add as much as you like, up to about 1/4 cup or so!
- 1 ripe mango, peeled & chopped into small bite sized pieces
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup organic corn
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & finely chopped
- 1-2 T fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- ¼ t garlic powder
- sea salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl and stir well.
- Season with desired amount of salt.
- Serve cold with chips or as a topping to tacos or salad!