Allergen Information: Free of the top 8 allergens
Special equipment: Blender
It’s tangy. It’s basil-y. It’s fresh. It’s interestingly addicting. This dressing started as an experiment using up some ingredients in the fridge and is now topping my list as a favorite.
I know that buying dressing makes life easy. But I guarantee this will take less than five minutes of your time. That five minutes will have you eating a fresh, real food dressing rather than a store-bought one laden with sugar, oil, preservatives, additives, genetically modified ingredients, and/or artificial sweeteners . It will help your body GAIN energy rather than deplete it.
Put this one on your list this week and see what you think!
- ½ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, about one lemon
- 2 T honey (try local honey!)
- 1 t dijon mustard
- salt to taste (I used about ¼ t)
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender & blend until smooth. Store leftovers in a jar with a tight fitting lid in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.