I’ve told y’all this before, but I’ve never ever in my 32 years of life had a cup of coffee. I promise it’s not a health thing, merely a preference.
But, I certainly still need help from our good friend CAFFEINE to help my eyelids pop open in the mornings or during that afternoon slump.
Today I’m sharing the drink that I drink almost daily to help keep me chugging along.
Yerbe Mate is an earthy, naturally caffeinated, South American tea that boosts physical energy and improves clarity and focus.
WELL HELLO. I need all of that 🙂
You can find this tea at health food stores, or in the health food section at places like Kroger.
This is the recipe that I personally love–and the amazing thing about it is that you can drink it warm if you prefer. I typically make it and keep it in large mason jars in the fridge so I can serve it over ice, or heat it up for a warm tea.
- 8 cups filtered water
- 8 Yerba Mate tea bags
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 T raw honey
- fresh mint for serving
- Put water in a pot over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and honey.
- Add tea bags and allow to seep for 10 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and allow tea mixture to cool.
- Pour tea in small pitcher or large jars and keep in refrigerator.
- To serve, pour 1 cup of tea over ice or heat on stove. Add fresh mint.
- If serving cold, consider making some ice cubes from extra tea mixture, so it doesn't water down!
I hope you enjoy! And cheers to ENERGY! 🙂