One of my favorite chain restaurants to frequent is Zoe’s Kitchen. I love that there’s something for my hubby, my son, and me! (My other two sons cannot eat at restaurants–ARG!)
It’s light and fresh–and one of my favorite side dishes there (that is Vegan friendly for me) is a side of white beans. So filling, inexpensive, and full of flavor.
I figured it might save a little money to make a recipe similar to the one I dig, and I really love the result.
They truly are easy to make AND are also easy on the budget.
I love using thyme in this recipe because it reminds me of pot pie and the beginning of fall soup season.
You could serve these beans as a side dish or as more of a main course over rice and with a Caesar Salad!
- two cans Great Northern beans, drained
- 1 T olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup veggie broth
- ¼-1/2 t sea salt
- 1 t dried thyme
- dash pepper
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat
- Add garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes
- Add beans and stir for 2 minutes or so or until sticking to pan.
- Add veggie broth and spices. Stir to combine.
- Cook until heated through.
- To reheat, add a little more veggie broth to the beans so they aren't dry.