If you follow me on Instagram, you see that every bowl of soup I eat has one of these slices wedged in the corner.
It’s just a tiny bit addicting….ahhh! Like I need anything else to dream about besides chocolate!
Speaking of chocolate…you know how when you make brownies and you eat the edges first? I love the gooey parts but also the crunch of the sides…Well, this flatbread is crunchy everywhere. Which makes it that much more awesome.
I love this flatbread for a couple of reasons:
- It is SO SIMPLE to make
- It uses common pantry items
- It cooks in under 15 minutes
Just. Try. It.
Adjust to your taste. I first heard of this kind of method on my favorite blog Oh She Glows. But I of course had to make my own adjustments to make it gluten free and refined sugar free. BUT you can always sub regular whole wheat flour for gluten free blend, butter for coconut oil, and regular sugar for coconut sugar!
- ½ cup organic cornmeal
- ½ cup gluten free all-purpose flour (I use Bob's Red Mill brand)
- 3 Tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ heaping teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup water
- coconut oil, for greasing
- 10-inch iron skillet
- Turn your oven to Broil. If you have options, choose the highest setting
- Place the cast iron skillet in the oven.
- Put all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and mix using a fork, trying to get clumps out, but not overmixing.
- Microwave for 60 seconds.
- Stir, and microwave again for 20 seconds.
- Stir, and microwave for 15 seconds.
- Take cast iron skillet out of the oven. Put ½ tablespoon of coconut oil in the pan and spread around to grease the pan.
- Pour batter in skillet and even out with a spatula.
- Broil for 10 minutes.
- Flip the bread over and broil for 3-5 more minutes, watching closely that it doesn't burn.