As a part of my job at Whole Foods, I’ve been making healthy recipes for my fellow team members. So far, I’d say this one was the biggest hit. My favorite comment was, “How did you get this to taste like chicken salad?” Some of them actually didn’t believe there wasn’t chicken in this salad.
I’m not against chicken salad. Just love options. This is a great vegetarian/vegan dish for those who need it, and something new for those wanting to spice up the kitchen.
I love this cold salad because it’s full of flavor, and also full of plant-based goodness. It’s simple with a short ingredient list, it keeps well in the fridge, and will fill you up 🙂
I love serving this salad on romaine lettuce leaves or with whole grain crackers. I hope you enjoy!
PS. It’s got tahini in it, so you know it’s got to be my favorite 🙂
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup pickles, chopped
- 2-3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- 5 T tahini
- 2 T water
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 T maple syrup
- salt & pepper
- Put the chickpeas in a large bowl and mash lightly with a fork.
- Add other ingredients and stir until combined.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a small bowl and pour over salad.
- Stir until combined.
- Chill salad for best taste!