Allergen Information: Free of the top 8 allergens
It’s no secret that this was an interesting Valentine’s Day. Those of you in the Southeast affected by Winter Storm Pax know firsthand what I mean.
I didn’t go on a date or get flowers or get to test some recipes or post some ideas I had for you. But you know what? It was glorious. Yes, I said glorious.
There was no pressure to do any of it. I don’t think hooplah is stupid….I do like hooplah, too! But this was the first year there was an excuse to do nothing, and nothing felt great.
So this recipe comes a little late, but who says chocolate covered strawberries are JUST for V-day? I say with strawberry season right around the corner, we take back Valentine’s Day and make these all spring. And then maybe invite each other over?!
This recipe is simple, and you’ll only need 3 ingredients: organic strawberries, Enjoy Life Chocolate chips, and some coconut oil.
Strawberries are one of those things I don’t mess with. Conventional strawberries are all messed up with lots of toxins and pesticides. You will huff and puff when you see the price of the organic strawberries….I’m with you….I still huff and puff…BUT I promise…PROMISE you don’t want these pesticides taking over your body.
Strawberries become a treat rather than a necessity, and if I’m itching for them, I buy them frozen and make smoothies like the Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie and the Classic Strawberry Banana Smoothie since frozen organic strawberries are much cheaper.
Next time you’re out, pick up these ingredients, and let’s a have a party! (invite me, k?)
*A note about the chocolate chips: we use Enjoy Life brand because they are free of the top 8 allergens. If that doesn’t matter to you, choose a brand with 70% or higher cacoa content and without a bunch of filler ingredients. Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips are the BIZZOMB (needed to get that out 🙂 ) if you haven’t tried them!
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 carton of organic strawberries, washed, & dried
- Put chocolate chips in small saucepan and heat on low/medium-low until melted, stirring constantly.
- Add coconut oil and stir until combined and melted.
- Dip strawberries in the chocolate mixture and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet, working quickly.
- Once you have dipped all the strawberries, place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 15 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Remove and enjoy! Store leftovers in the fridge!