I love this slightly sweet carrot raisin salad because it’s a change from the normal ole green one. Sometimes you just need something new to change the routine, right?
I’m not a huge fan of store-bought versions, mainly because they taste more like sugar or mayo than food. But this one is sweetened with natural sweeteners like honey and fresh orange juice.
It’s great as a side for a sandwich or would make a nice dish for a summer pot-luck!
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 small green apple, grated (peel left on)
- 2 T Vegenaise (see note)
- 1 T honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup pecans, toasted
- Put shredded carrots and grated apple in a medium sized bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix Vegenaise, honey, and orange juice.
- Drizzle dressing over carrot mixture and stir until combined.
- Add pecans and raisins.
- Mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate for about an hour to let mixture marinate.
- Serve cold and enjoy!