Anyone out there with me that Frank’s Hot Sauce is a food group all on its own? Whew. It’s the best!
Anything hot & spicy and with TOFU, and I’m in.
It took me a while to become a tofu lover, but now I can’t get enough. It’s not nearly as weird as I once thought it was. For me, it comes down to knowing how to cook it. And it’s actually simple, and you only need a few ingredients: tofu, cornstarch, and coconut oil. That will be the base to cooking it, and then you can add the sauce you like to it. I use Franks for a Buffalo Tofu–or you could use Teriyaki for an asian version to serve over fried rice. The possibilities could go on and on!
All day, every day y’all. So, so good.
With football starting in the next few weeks, I can definitely see this big platter of food sitting on the coffee table and gobbled up in no time!
Serve the Buffalo Tofu Bites with homemade french fries and vegan ranch!
- 1 block extra firm organic tofu
- 3-4 T non-gmo/organic cornstarch
- 1.5 T coconut oil
- ½ cup Franks hot sauce
- Wrap the tofu in paper towels and place in sink.
- Put something heavy on top of the tofu to drain the water out. Press for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium pan on medium-high heat.
- While the oil is heating up, cut the tofu into bite sized cubes.
- Roll tofu in cornstarch so it is dusted on each side.
- Place in hot pan and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the buffalo sauce to the pan and carefully stir tofu to coat on each side.
- Serve with homemade fries and vegan ranch. Enjoy!