Allergen Information: Free of the top 8 allergens
As the days get sunnier, my soul longs for summer-like foods. I literally dream of cookouts and berry cobblers and friends. Oh that beautiful smell. (Ok, maybe not the friends 🙂 )
This salad is a wonderful side for a pot-luck, BBQ, or just to have in the fridge for a lunch. It’s easy to double the recipe to make for a large group.
Maybe if we all make this next week, we’ll shooooo the cold weather away and bring on the heat! Who’s with me?!
For the dressing, we use the Soy-Free version of Vegenaise so that our Beckham can eat it, but if you have no allergy to soy, you can use the regular kind or another brand we love called Just Mayo.
I top mine with this coconut bacon recipe. Don’t mix the coconut bacon into the salad because it will get soggy–just sprinkle some on top each time you serve it.
- 1 cup vegan mayo
- 2 T white wine vinegar
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 t dijon mustard
- pinch of salt
- 10 cups fresh broccoli (about two large heads), de-stemmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 shallot or ½ medium red onion, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- coconut bacon (recipe linked above)
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Put remaining ingredients in a large bowl and stir until combined.
- Fold in desired amount of dressing until combined.
- Best if chilled for about an hour (but not necessary).