Allergen Information: Contains Wheat & tree nuts
This has been my go-to recipe for a few years now….I’ve had lots of trial runs, tweaking it how I like it….Really, I have such a hard job 😉 But now, it’s time to share the love. Pancake party anyone?
The Banana pancake base recipe (without the blueberries) is great on its own, with the blueberries, or with another fruit of your choice (what about chopped fresh strawberries?!).
The batter is slightly sweet from the fruit, and the maple syrup makes all the flavors pop. This recipe does not contain any refined sugar, so you won’t have a crazy sugar high after. It’s light and just the right amount of sweet from the syrup and sour from the blueberries!
Feel free to use what you have on hand, even some Enjoy Life Chocolate chips if you like! Anything will work here, even just the bananas. Sometimes I love to make them plain and add some walnuts on top, drizzled with warm maple syrup.
Speaking of maple syrup….it’s my only option to top these pancakes, except for maybe some coconut whipped cream!
Under no circumstances should you use Log Cabin syrup, or anything of that nature. You are my friends, and I help my friends out. Seriously, if you have it, walk to your pantry and chunk it. Buy pure maple syrup and call it a day.
What’s wrong with regular syrup? EVERYTHING. I bet most people just think it’s syrup. NOPE! It’s High Fructose Corn Syrup and Caramel Coloring, probably two of the worst ingredients you could put in your body!
Aunt Jemima Ingredients:
I don’t think Aunt Jemima would really support all this laboratory mess. Every single ingredient, except the water is B.A.D. for you!
Then we have companies like Log Cabin who know High Fructose Corn Syrup is a buzz word, so they use marketing techniques to trick our minds. But, what’s the number 1 ingredient? Corn syrup. It may not be HIGH, but it sure is bad, too. GMOs all the way. (photo credit www.findingclean.com)
I hope this is appalling. All you need is 100% PURE Maple Syrup warmed just a tad, these pancakes, and a hungry belly.
Don’t be fooled, friends! Use the real stuff, make informed decisions, and eat well!
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour OR ¾ cup buckwheat flour & ¾ cup all purpose gluten free flour (GLUTEN FREE OPTION)
- 1.5 t baking powder
- 1 T organic cornstarch
- ½ t sea salt
- 1½ cups almond milk (more for thinning if you want)
- 1 T lemon juice
- 2 T maple syrup
- 2 bananas, smashed
- coconut oil for cooking
- blueberries for topping
- On stovetop, heat a pan on medium heat.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine smashed bananas and wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Put a dab (about a spoonful) of coconut oil in the heated pan.
- Move pan around until the oil coats the entire pan.
- Put a heaping ¼ cup of batter in greased pan.
- Top with a handful of berries or desired topping.
- After about a minute, flip pancake and let cook until done (about another minute).
- Move pancake to a plate, re-grease the pan, and repeat until all batter is used.
- Serve with warm maple syrup, coconut whipped cream, or fresh fruit!