Allergen Information: Contains tree nuts. Gluten free, dairy free, egg free, soy free
Adapted from this recipe.
I’ve been teasing you for a while with this recipe, and it’s finally here. This is one to put on the list THIS week. Don’t wait!
This recipe is one that you really won’t believe. Almond Butter is the feature of this recipe, and it contains no flour (of any kind), no eggs, no oil, or no dairy. It’s simply unbelievable!
Next time you need a sweet treat or need to take a dessert to a function, this is the one. It’s “traditional” enough for those who aren’t concerned about clean eating, and they’ll never know how you made them 😉
We use these Enjoy Life Mega Chunks in this recipe because we like the texture here, and they are free of the top 8 allergens. They are amazingly good, but if you prefer, you can use some dark chocolate instead (70% or higher).
I served these at our Super Bowl Party this weekend, and they were a huge hit!
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 flax egg (mix one T of ground flaxseed with 3 T of water, set aside for five minutes)
- ⅓ cup honey (preferably local--see note)
- ½ t baking soda
- ¼ t sea salt
- ½ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips (I used the chunks)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees & grease an 8 x 8 pan (see note)
- Combine almond butter, flax egg, and honey and stir to combine.
- Add baking soda and sea salt and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter in greased pan and use a spatula to spread it out to the corners.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and edges are firm.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before cutting.
2. If you are vegan, agave will substitute just fine in this recipe!